Home is Where the Air Force Sends You

28 October 2008

I've been bad

and I apologize!

I've been working and working, and it's paid off because as of 3 Nov. I will no longer be a temporary employee! That means more benefits, paid holidays, better pay... yippee! I am enjoying the job and am doing a few things I've never done before, so that's fun. I'm not sure if this is the only place that uses it, or if it's called something else, but I've become the primary travel coordinator and will be using a program called SAP - no clue what it stands for, but it's the way all travel is requested/ approved/ paid for. I have also been assigned to be an assistant to the executive associate director. I figure if we do still go to North Carolina in February/ March, this will at the very least be a good experience and resume builder, so I'm going to make the most of my time here.

We're also looking for a new car. It's been fun and crazy and stressful, and luckily I think we're nearing the end! Poor Steven misses his motorcycle (can't blame him, it's fun) so he has been drooling over the M3 and C63 AMG. Those are great cars, but not the practical type I thought we originally set out to find. I must admit, I love the C63 - it sounded awesome when started up, but it's a gas guzzler. I really don't care for the BMWs...call me crazy. Also, the only M3s we could find were MANUALS and I have NO idea how to drive one! We test drove a few different cars after Steven did lots of researching, and it looks like the top pick of the moment is the C350. It doesn't have the 400+ hp, but maybe we'll be able to afford a motorcycle for Steven later.....we shall see!!!

Ok, Ashley, am I out of trouble now? ;)

1 Comments:

  • At 28 October, 2008 23:46 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    yay an update! :-) and yay for being made a full time staff member with better pay and benefits!! :-)

    can't wait to see what car y'all decide on. car shopping is fun!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home