Home is Where the Air Force Sends You

30 November 2008

Happy (belated) Thanksgiving!

Here's a couple pics of the new car. I didn't realize how small it was until I saw it by the truck. : )




New kitten...


For some reason they both like my purse, but the little one thought he needed to climb in and eat it. They're getting along much better now so we won't have to find a new home for Buckaroo.



Thanksgiving was pretty uneventful, I cooked for the two of us and we just hung out at home and got ready for some black Friday shopping. The sales didn't seem as great this year, but I got a few things off of my shopping list for a reduced price, so that was nice. I didn't want to take forever shopping, so I tried to stick to my gift list, but I always checked to see if the KitchenAid mixers were on sale. I have decided that I would love to have one and thought Black Friday could be my lucky day, but unfortunately those weren't ever part of the sale. However, I mentioned to Steven that I wanted to check that out and he started looking online and found some for much better prices on ebay. I'm looking forward to having it for making lots of holiday treats!


I put up our Christmas tree yesterday. I was afraid the cats were going to think it was a new toy just for them, but they've actually been really good! The kitten must have thought it tasted good because he kept trying to chew on it, but after keeping an eye on him with a squirt bottle, he has been fine. Tom just liked to be under the tree, I guess it's like a little cave for her, but she didn't try to climb it or eat it. I need to put up a few more things and do some more chores today, but I'm off to go lie down and rest since I don't feel well.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!!

2 Comments:

  • At 30 November, 2008 12:38 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    beautiful car and pretty kitty!

    i didn't think the sales were very good this year either! but we picked up a few things too. nothing big though.

    yay for a KA mixer!

     
  • At 30 November, 2008 14:33 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    love the car!! and totally agree about the sales!! I guess this was actually my first time to even go shopping on black friday and I wasn't really on the hunt for anything but I told J the "deals" seemed pointless!! Definitely nothing I would battle crowds all day for!

    seeing your precious kitty makes me want to look at puppy dogs again!! we can't decide on a breed!

    oh and the ka stand mixer- super exciting! i have my red one sitting out and love it!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home